Google Chrome is the world’s most popular web browser. Just as Google is the number one search engine, and companies need to focus on appearing high in Google search engine result pages (SERPs), they need to ensure that their website looks best in Google’s web browser. Google Chrome is the web browser of choice for most modern technology savvy individuals due to the extensions available for it, the developer tools it has built in, as well as its speed and security. In 2017, Google Chrome has opened a commanding lead over the rest of the web browsers on the market on both desktop PCs and mobile devices.
On Desktop PCs, as of January 2018:
- Google Chrome owns 65.98% of the desktop browser market.
- Mozilla Firefox owns 11.87% of the market.
- Microsoft’s older, no-longer fully supported browser, Internet Explorer has 7.28%.
- With far fewer Apple PCs on the market, their Safari browser only commands 5.87% share.
- Microsoft’s new flagship browser, Edge, only has 4.11% of the market.
- Finally, the relatively still unknown senior member of the group, Opera, take 2.35% share.
Our Michigan website design company ensures our sites display perfectly in modern web browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge.
Over the years, Internet Explorer has lost tremendous market share to Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. One of the main reasons is that Internet Explorer doesn’t fully display websites correctly anymore. Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and the dominate Google Chrome are all modern browsers that display sites with industry standards and accessibility at their core. We have over 16 years of experience learning and working with these standards, ensuring that your website will be correct in the eyes of search engines, and more importantly, your viewers and customers.
Many modern website designs don’t look the same in Internet Explorer as they do in these modern browsers. On the flip side, many web sites and web applications were coded specifically for Internet Explorer years ago and now don’t work correctly (if at all) in modern browsers. Many government websites, especially e-filing for court systems, are prime examples of this. Users must view these websites and file court documents solely in Internet Explorer as Google Chrome won’t even display the websites at all. With too much money having been spent on websites and applications to be used in the former browser leader (Internet Explorer) to be updated to today’s standards, in some instances, users are forced to utilize inferior Internet browsers for specific sites.
All websites today must be mobile-friendly, and all websites DMG Computer designs and develops are responsive across all devices.
With so many online experiences starting on a smartphone, website owners need to know which browsers their customers and website viewers are using. On Phones and other Mobile Devices (not including tablets), as of January 2018:
- Google Chrome owns 50.88% of the mobile browser market, showing their strong phone market share.
- Apple’s Safari, found on all iPhones, owns just 18.1% of the market.
- The UC Browser app (for both Apple and Android), holds 15.17%.
- Opera only snags a 5.57% share.
- Samsung’s Samsung Internet browser has a 5.48% of the market.
- Finally, the generic Android browser owns a scant 2.38% share.
The market shares of tablet devices are clearly evident when the tablet Internet browser market is looked at. On Tablet Devices, as of January 2018:
- Apple’s Safari, found on all iPads, dominates the market with 58.95%.
- Google Chrome owns 24.11% across iPads and Android devices.
- The generic Android browser holds 13.32%.
- Opera only snags a measly 0.97% share.
- The UC browser app fails here with only 0.96% of the market.
- Finally, Firefox owns a miniscule 0.63% share.
Located in Clinton Township, Michigan, DMG Computer is near you. We are a local Michigan website design and SEO company near you that has your needs and business in mind. We want to see you and your business grow, which in turn, will help us grow. Contact DMG Computer today. 586-764-3392