Period: April 2017 –
Client: Original New York Deli Restaurant (Clinton Township, MI and St. Clair Shores, Michigan)
Subject: Website Redesign and Local SEO
The Original NY Deli restaurant has become a famous stop in southeast-Michigan for anyone looking for delicious, homemade, quality food at great prices. They’ve been serving up greatness since 1980 in St. Clair Shores, and also serve their guests in Clinton Township, Michigan.
We’ve enjoyed this restaurant for years. They truly do have the best corned beef. Mark, the owner, frequently talks to customers. During one of those conversations, our company and what we do came up. Mark stated that he needed a new website, and some help to ensure he showed up over his competitors in search results. We were glad to help. We were even happier to see our corned beef arrive minutes later…
The Original New York Deli Restaurant has been serving customers in St. Clair Shores since 1980. Their existing website appeared to have been created soon after that….so it was time for a redesign. We sat down with the owner and manager to discuss what they envisioned their new website to look like and what purpose they wanted it to serve:
- A combined menu that was easy to navigate was a high priority.
- The menu needed to contain everything they offer, which is a lot.
- Soups are made fresh daily, and each day is a different type. Visitors needed to see this schedule, preferably on the homepage.
- Many customers order carry-out, so the site needed to be mobile-friendly.
- Pictures don’t do their food justice, but they’re more mouth-watering than words, so we needed a lot of images for people to drool over.
- With two locations, customers needed to easily find the phone numbers and view maps of each restaurant.
- They wanted an easy way for prospective employees to be able submit their applications online.